Not getting enough sleep is more detrimental to our health than you may think. We made a list of four things you can do overnight to make your morning that much easier:
Wake up to beautiful skin
While we sleep, our bodies are in repair and recovery mode. Applying a full face mask overnight will not only cut down your beauty routine during the day, but will work to absorb much deeper into your skin. At kaia naturals we love Origins’ Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask.
Burn fat while you sleep
Make it cold! New research from the National Institute of Health proposes that sleeping in a cool room helps rev up your ability to burn fat and calories.
We have two types of fat:
White Fat – Functions as an insulator for your body and protects your organs.
Brown Fat – Good fat we need that burns calories to create heat.
When your body is exposed to the cold, your brown fat turns on to help keep you warm and burns calories in the process. Don’t keep the room too cold though! Anywhere between 60-67 degrees Fahrenheit is sufficient.
Refresh your hair overnight
Did you know the most effective way to use your dry shampoo is actually overnight? Most of the oil production on your scalp happens overnight, so using dry shampoo while you sleep will actually combat and soak in the oil at its most active time. kaia naturals’ the takesumi detox® overnight dry shampoo is formulated with time-activated ingredients and a blend of essential oils so you can wake up to hair that looks, feels, and smells clean in the morning!
Wake up to a gourmet breakfast
Using a slow cooker, you can cook healthy and delicious oatmeal, saving tons of time in the morning!
How to prepare
- Make sure to grease the pot with a very thin layer of coconut oil so the oats don’t stick.
- Put oats and nutmilk (or water) into the slow cooker.
- Add in spices and sweeteners of your choice: Ex. apples, cinnamon, maple syrup, vanilla, nutmeg, etc.
- Set the slow cooker on low for 8-11 hours.
- In the morning, all you need to do is add in your toppings such as nuts and seeds, fresh fruit, or anything else you desire!